You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
* Stand up for yourself... and me.
* Be confident, strong, and direct.
* Don't gossip about me or betray my trust. um, hello work friend
* Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side. I don't show it much so pay attention when I do
* Give me space to be alone. with wine
* Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me. well, you can flatter me a little
* I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack. Now shut up and keep reading
* When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am. AMEN
What I Like About Being a Bette
* being independent and self-reliant Most of the time
* being able to take charge and meet challenges head on bring it!
* being courageous, straightforward, and honest It's how I roll
* getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
* supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me If you mess with those I love, I will cut you
* upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
* overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to and welcome to my life.
* being restless and impatient with others' incompetence I don't like stupid people
* sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
* never forgetting injuries or injustices I forgive....I don't forget
* putting too much pressure on myself
* getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Bettes as Children Often this is the only section I DON'T agree with
* are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
* are sometimes loners
* seize control so they won't be controlled
* figure out others' weaknesses
* attack verbally or physically when provoked
* take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
* are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted aren't most of us?
* are sometimes overprotective lil bit
* can be demanding, controlling, and rigid --not at all actually
On an unrelated note......my good friend Melissa who you may know from Mama-Loco is having surgery on her neck today. Please go give her some love!